Amanda L. Kistler
Amanda Kistler joined McCorkle and Johnson in 2016 and is an associate in the litigation group. Her practice focuses on commercial and civil litigation, including construction, real estate, contract, business and corporate, employment and landlord/tenant disputes.
Amanda received undergraduate degrees, summa cum laude, in Communications and Psychology from the University of South Alabama in 2008. She earned her law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 2011. While in law school, Amanda received numerous academic honors, was the Chief Judge of the Trial Advocacy Board, an attorney for Cumberland School of Law’s esteemed National Trial Team, received the Papantonio Best Trial Advocate Award and was selected for Order of Barristers.
Following law school, Amanda served as a Deputy District Attorney in the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Alabama, where she prosecuted felony offenses including capital murder, armed robbery, aggravated assault, drug trafficking, human trafficking and crimes against children. As a Deputy District Attorney, Amanda collaborated with federal law enforcement agencies for joint-prosecution of human trafficking cases and was awarded an Outstanding Prosecution Award by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
In addition to her practice, Amanda is active in Savannah’s civic affairs. She currently serves as Sponsorship Chair for the Young Lawyers Division of the Savannah Bar Association and is a member of the Savannah Bar Association, the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, the Smart Women Committee of the St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System, Inc., the Emerging Leaders Committee of the Savannah Community Foundation, and the Social Committee of the Savannah Golf Club.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J.D., 2011
- University of South Alabama, B.A., Communications and Psychology, 2008
- All state courts in Georgia
- All state courts in Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Associations and Memberships
- Savannah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the Savannah Bar Association, Sponsorship Chair
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System Smart Women Committee
- Emerging Leaders Committee of the Savannah Community Foundation
- Savannah Golf Club Social Committee
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Outstanding Prosecution Award
- Judge James Edward Horton Inn of Court
- 2014 Project Corporate Leadership Class, Birmingham, AL